Maharashtra State Forest Department Recruitment:
There are two cadres in Maharashtra State Forest Department IFS and SFS. Officers in the cadre of IFS (Indian Forest Service) are recruited through the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). Officers in the class I and class II cadres of SFS (State Forest Service) are recruited through the MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission).
Maharashtra State Forest Department Training:
On recruitment the IFS officer receive training for 3 years at the Indira Gandhi National Institue (IGNFA) Dehradun, Uttaranchal and the Lal Bahadur Shastri Academy of Administration, Mussoorie, Uttaranchal.
The SFS class I officer trainees receive training at the State Forest Service Colleges at Dehradun and Coimbatore. The SFS class II recruits (RFOs) are trained in the Rangers Colleges located at Balaghat (Madhya Pradesh), Dehradun(Uttaranchal), Coimbatore(Tamilnadu) and Kurseong (West Bengal).
Maharashtra Forest Services Examination:
Posting Location: Anywhere in Maharashtra
- Assistant Conservator of Forest Group A: 9300-34800,5000 (Sahayak Van Sanrakshak)
- Forest Rangers Group B: 9300-34800,4400 (Van Kshetrapal)
- Promotion is based on seniority and eligibility.
Educational Qualification: Graduation from recognized university in one of the following stream
- Horticulture or Agriculture, Engineering, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science Degree
Physical Fitness: Check official advertisement for it.
The Maharashtra Forest Services Examination is conducted by the MPSC every year. The selection is done in 3 stages. Candidates are filtered at every stage through a process of elimination. The competitive examination comprises of three successive stage
- Preliminary Examination – Objective Type (Qualifier) [200 Marks]
- Main Examination – Written Test [600 Marks]
- Interview [75 Marks]
- Maharashtra Forest services Preliminary Examination syllabus
- Maharashtra Forest Services Main Examination syllabus
Tentative Schedule Maharashtra Forest Services Examination 2013
- Advertisement Notification: November 2013
- Preliminary Examination Date: 27 April 2014
- Main Examination Dates: 27 & 28 September 2014