Kaas Plateau or simply Kaas Pathar, Well known for its unique Biosphere, grassland and one of the UNESCO world natural heritage site in India is situated in the Western Ghats near Satara, Maharashtra. Kaas Plateau is also known as Valley of Flower of Maharashtra.
Best time to Visit Kaas Plateau:
How to reach Kaas Plateau:
- From Pune: Driving from Pune is really easy and straightforward. Take NH 8 till Vanvaswadi then take MH SH61 to reach Plateau.
- From Satara: You can easily get a local public transport (Auto Rikshaw) or can book a cab for a day if you are visiting from Satara.
The various distances of Kas plateau are as follows:
- From Satara – 25 km
- From Pune – 125 km
- From Mumbai – 280 km
- From Kolhapur – 150 km
- From Sangli – 147 km
Useful tips while traveling to Kaas Plateau:
- Carry an Umbrella or raincoat even if you are visiting post monsoon.
- Carry snack and water along.
- Washroom is not available near Kaas Plateau
- Parking is quite far from the actual site so wear proper walking shoes while going.
- The mobile network is really weak around Kaas Pathar.
- Don’t litter the plateau at all with papers, polythene or other wastes etc